Future Forms & Functions
JOIN | LEARN | EARN
Welcome To The Bitpoint
An educational platform to highlight innovative works focused on trailblazing ventures that merge Blockchain Technology and Education.
- Bitcoin Sell-Side Risk Ratio Nears All-Time Lows, Big Move Soon?NewsBTC - 3 hours agoOn-chain data shows the Bitcoin sell-side risk ratio has approached all-time lows recently, a sign that a big move could be coming for the coin.…
- Ethereum Staking Hits Over $40 Billion After Shanghai Upgrade: What It Means For ETHNewsBTC - 5 hours agoThe Ethereum (ETH) network has reached a significant milestone following the highly-anticipated Shanghai upgrade, as staking activity soars to new heights. According to crypto analytics…
- Polkadot (DOT) Bulls Retreat As Bears Drag The Price DownNewsBTC - 6 hours agoPolkadot (DOT) is in the red today as the bears seek to regain control over its price. DOT traded at $4.37 on January 1, 2023,…
- Bitfinex And Crypto Bank OrionX Forged Partnership To Broaden Presence In Latin AmericaNewsBTC - 7 hours agoA press release shared with Bitcoinist claimed that Bitfinex partnered with crypto bank OrionX. The cooperation will allow the trading venue to strengthen its foothold…
- Cosmos (ATOM) Bears Dominate As Bulls Struggle To Drive PriceNewsBTC - 7 hours agoCosmos (ATOM) experienced a short bullish momentum on May 10, 2023. The asset saw an increase of 10.89% taking its price to a high of…
Learn | Crypto Curriculum
Blockchain-enabled business models will present a seismic shift to how business is conducted in the future. Its impact on commerce will be game-changing, especially given the increasingly digital global economy and the decentralization of business models and stakeholders enabled by blockchain.
JOIN | LEARN | EARN
We’ll give you the tools for success in crypto and blockchain.
Join our mailing list and stay informed.
Learn about cryptocurrency
Buy a wallet.
Relationship Between Cryptocurrency & Blockchain
A verified transaction can involve cryptocurrency, contracts, records, or other information.
- Has no intrinsic value in that it is not redeemable for another commodity.
- Has no physical form and exists only in the network
- Its supply is not determined by a centralbank, and the network is completely decentralized.
a virtual currency token or a denomination of a cryptocurrency. It represents a tradable asset or utility that resides on its own blockchain and allows the holder to use it for investment or economic purposes.
A crypto wallet is a software program or physical device that allows you to store your crypto and allow for the sending and receiving of crypto transactions. A crypto wallet consists of two key pairs: private keys and public keys.
Centralized cryptocurrency exchanges act as an intermediary between a buyer and a seller and make money through commissions and transaction fees. Similar to a stock exchange but for digital assets. Popular Crypto Exchanges are Coinbase, Crypto.com, Gemini, and Binance.
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are cryptographic assets on a blockchain with unique identification codes and metadata that distinguish them from each other.
a virtual-reality space in which users can interact with a computer-generated environment and other users.
Mining is the process by which networks of specialized computers generate and release new Bitcoin and verify new transactions.
Cryptocurrency is basically a digital form of currency with the support of cryptographic security for conducting trusted transactions. The underlying technology which runs cryptocurrencies is blockchain, and it offers a ledger for documenting all transactions.
As of now, you can find multiple cryptocurrencies in circulation, such as Bitcoin, Ether, and many new cryptocurrencies. The cryptocurrencies run as decentralized systems or networks without allowing complete control to a specific entity. Another important highlight of cryptocurrencies refers to the method for generating them. For example, miners could use their computing resources and electricity for mining cryptocurrency or stake their assets in a network for earning governance tokens.
Blockchain technology is basically a transparent, publicly accessible, trustless, and secure ledger.
It helps in secure transfer of the ownership of units of value by leveraging proof of work consensus and public-key encryption methods. Blockchain leverages decentralized consensus for maintaining the network, thereby excluding intermediaries such as government, banks, or corporations from the process.
On top of it, the expansion of the blockchain network increases the level of decentralization, thereby strengthening security on blockchain. Interestingly, the capabilities of blockchain technology don’t focus on Bitcoin only and also extend to financial services, healthcare, and gaming.
The primary foundation of Bitcoin and other notable cryptocurrencies is public-key cryptography. According to the cryptographic system, two different types of keys, such as public key and private key in pairs, can support crypto transactions. The public keys are important for identification and should be publicly visible. On the other hand, the private keys help in authentication and encryption, thereby implying that they are secret in nature.
You can buy cryptocurrencies through a wallet, which is basically an online app for holding your crypto assets. Users generally have to create an account for a specific exchange and transfer actual money for purchasing cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum or Bitcoin. One of the popular examples of platforms to buy and sell cryptocurrency is Coinbase. The renowned cryptocurrency trading exchange helps you create a wallet and conduct cryptocurrency transactions easily.